© Google Images
I have been meaning to watch this movie since the very first time I saw its trailer. I knew right there and then that I could relate to the main character-Joy, played by actress Jennifer Lawrence. So, after a few weeks, I have finally found the time to watch it today. My oh my was it deeply moving.. I could not hold back my tears, I literally wept at some parts. The main character was very well-played, kudos to J.Law. And the entire story line was simply impeccable you would even want to pay attention to the details and dialogues and write down some notable quotes or mere life lessons you can derive from anywhere at the course of the film. Yep, I myself wrote down some very remarkable life lessons that I have picked out that I will share to you later.
It’s an amazingly touching movie, I immediately included it on my favorite movie list before I could forget.. Because I have this awful habit of forgetting how amazing an experience is once the overpowering emotions fade away. Hence, I’m writing this now so the feeling won’t escape me..yet. 🙂
So, here’s a list of my take-away lessons from the movie that I found worth noting and worth sharing:
- When your dreams seem to be far-fetched, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they are no longer achievable.. It’s only probably because they are temporarily ON HOLD.
- Some things are just beyond our control. Your plans may not have turned out the way you wanted them to be, but it doesn’t mean that they won’t come to pass. Sometimes, great things just take time to blossom.
- Staying in your comfort zone keeps you away from the direction of success.
- It’s definitely easier to stay where you find comfort and convenience, where you can be free from hassles and troubles. However, as the adage goes “A ship in harbor is SAFE, but it is not what ships are BUILT FOR.” So, unless you are satisfied where you are at this point in your life, why not take the plunge and discover where your abilities can lead you? Because to me, you are where you are right now because of the choices you make. So, if you still choose to remain the same and wait till the tide moves on your favor, you shouldn’t be blaming any one not even your circumstances why you have to be stuck in your dead-end situation.
- You are GIFTED with the talents that you have for a reason.
- Your talents should never be just an accessory. You’ll be surprised where your talents can take you if only you take time to nurture them. Just as in the movie, Joy lived her life just going with the flow, taking odd jobs just to make ends meet. Until she realized what she used to be before her circumstances changed her. She is reminded of her CAPABILITIES and of how GREAT she could be. She worked on her gift and let her gift take her to the direction of her dreams.. to the direction of SUCCESS.
- Do not listen to people who tell you what you CAN and CANNOT DO, even if they are your FAMILY.
- Believe in your CAPABILITIES and work around that gift. You are highly capable of so many great things than you can ever imagine. Everything may consistently fail, but if you have steadfast faith in your abilities you will eventually get your break. Believe in YOURSELF.
- Never allow CYNICAL people run your life.
- You are the master of your mind and body. Some people may affect you with their negative energy by incessantly being the pessimist that they are, telling you how tough life is and how you are in no way capable of surviving it. Just turn a deaf ear.. their mishaps are not your mishaps. And even if you face disaster several times along the way, that should’t stop you from pursuing your dreams. It is your dream anyway, nobody else should care more about it than you.
- Just keep pushing. Never quit!
- Success doesn’t come easy, that is why only a few people reach the pinnacle of success. You know what they have in common? They each have a “never say die” attitude. Successful people don’t get to that level by default, neither do they get there in an easy sweep. Most,if not all, of them fought tooth and nail to get there..capitalizing on blood, sweat and tears. What I’m trying to say is, and I cannot stress this enough, if you want that dream sooo bad, give it your BEST. Horrible things are going to happen.. again and again. Be strong and just keep pushing. Your success is just around the corner. 😉
I hope I was able to translate my reflections in the most comprehensive way possible, because I want other people to learn the same lessons I’ve learned from this movie hoping that these words of wisdom will also touch and influence people’s lives. 🙂
P.S. For the film review of “Joy”, please click here.